HIPAA v5010 Electronic Billing Standard
Federal compliance requirements in effect from January 1, 2012
Therap’s Electronic Billing system has been successfully upgraded to support HIPAA 5010 compliance requirements. Click here to download a summary of changes that will guide you towards a smooth transition to HIPAA 5010 Electronic Billing.
The Electronic Billing service assists providers funded by Medicaid. Agencies can create and send professional claims for a single or multiple individuals and for one or more of their service lines. When users create new claims or update existing ones, the invoices are available to them in PDF format which they can have printed out.
- Claims submitted by a Billing provider is sent to state Medicaid directly.
- Users can view status of their claims to check if they have been accepted.
- Rejected claims are sent back to Provider agencies to be resubmitted after making corrections.
- Transaction Record feature lets users search for claims for a particular transaction along with their current status.
Professional and Institutional Claim Generation
Therap Billing system allows for HIPAA compliant submission of professional and institutional claims. The system is capable of producing claims in ANSI X12 837 format. It also updates claim status based on X12 835s received from the Medicaid system.
- If claims are denied, user can resubmit them for single or multiple Individuals after making necessary corrections.
- Claims can also be generated as a PDF file for submitting manually to a payer.
- Using Therap’s Billing Application, users can create billing templates for recurring claims(837 Institutional Claim Type).
Therap has Trading Partner Agreements with MMIS vendors, ACS Gateway, EDS/HP & CSC for Medicaid Claim submission in several states. Therap acts as a Billing Agent for providers in Alaska, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming.
Billing Units & Calculation
Preview Screens from this module:
[Click on the image below for larger view]
News & Updates:
- Employment Outcomes Professional (EOPII) Training
Employment Outcomes Professional (EOPII) Training September 29 – October 1, 2014 EMPLOYMENT OUTCOMES REGARDLESS OF EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS Current service delivery models to help persons seeking employment are under strain due to harder to serve referrals and a struggling economy. Through the skills learned in the Employment Outcomes Professionals Training (EOPII), job developers and placement specialists [...] - Read more
- 14c Subminimum Wage Certificates-Talking Points
Suzanne Sewell, President & CEO , Troy Strawder, Board Chair On July 22, 2014, President Obama signed the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. The bill addresses unemployment across the spectrum – from vocational training, resume writing and English as a second language, to laid-off workers, disabled veterans and Americans with disabilities – the legislation casts a wide [...] - Read more
- Therap Services Announces U.S. Patent Issuance for Secure Electronic Reporting of Abuse or Neglect for I/DD Provider Agencies
WATERBURY, Conn., June 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ – Therap Services, leader in electronic documentation software for Intellectual Disability and Developmental Disability Service Providers, has received U.S. Government Patent No. 8,739,253 B2 for Managing Secure Sharing of Private Information Pertaining to Abuse or Neglect Across Security Domains on May 27, 2014. Justin Brockie, Therap Services COO, states: “The award of this [...] - Read more
- Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program – Webinar 1/21/14
The Agency for Health Care Administration invites you to participate as an attendee in the following online training session: Topic: SMMC: Developmental Disabilities Webinar Host: The Agency for Health Care Administration Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) Session number: 643 551 021 Session password: This session does [...] - Read more