An Individual Habilitation Plan is an essential document for agencies providing habilitation services (e.g., IRA residential habilitation, group day habilitation, supported employment services, etc.) to people with developmental disabilities. With Therap’s Habilitation Plans you will be able to create detailed and concise habilitation service plans for individuals by outlining the valued outcomes/prioritized goals, objectives, safeguards, assessments, service frequency and duration.
The following features make the Habilitation Plan module useful for habilitation service providers to people with developmental disabilities:
- General information – general information contained in Habilitation Plans include service type, IRA type, service plan meeting date, revision date, service location, frequency and duration.
- Service types – Habilitation plans are created for different types of habilitation services, for example, IRA residential habilitation, group day habilitation and supported employment programs. Users are able to create more than one Habilitation Plans for the same type of service for an Individual enrolled in multiple programs.
- Valued outcomes – valued outcomes/priority goals for the individual can be listed with details on data collection time, frequency and scoring methods. Users are able to provide details on staff action(s) and steps that are to be taken to achieve an outcome.
- Integration with Individual Service Plans –Therap Habilitation Plans are interlinked with Individual Service Plans (ISP). This makes it possible to add valued outcomes to a person’s habilitation plan, directly from her ISP. Users have the option to enter other outcomes as well.
- Safeguards as external attachment – safeguards for an individual can be attached to habilitation plans as external documents.
- Individualized service safeguards – Users have the option to add individualized service safeguards from the Individualized Plan of Protection and Oversight (IPOP) module.
- Flexible documentation, approval and reviewing – Like most other Therap modules, Habilitation Plans provide flexible options for plan builders, approvers and reviewers.
- Search – As with other Therap applications, Habilitation Plans include efficient search options for users.
State Specific Habilitation Plan Format
In addition to the features listed above, Habilitation Plans offer the following features of users in New York:
For users in New York, ISP and Habilitation Plan features are brought under the same section. Along with generic ISP and Hab plan options, some additional NY specific features are provided to support a complete workflow. These include:
- Habilitation Checklists – The checklists automatically pulls the Tasks/Staff actions associated with the valued outcomes/prioritized goals in the corresponding service plan. This is done with the help of an underlying mapping between service types and habilitation plan type. The checklist lists all services delivered against each ‘valued outcome’ on a monthly grid. In addition, monthly summary notes can be added to these reports along with signatures of Medicaid Service Coordinators, service providing staff and the author of the monthly summary.
- Medicaid Service Coordination (MSC) Notes – Medicaid Service Coordinators are able to document monthly MSC notes detailing individual service plan (ISP) reviews and updates, ICF/MR level of care eligibility assessments, face-to-face contacts with the care recipient and referral/linkage, benefit management and monitoring activities conducted during the month. The MSC note also includes a monthly summary documenting a person’s satisfaction, significant change in life, health and safety concerns and follow-up actions.
- Individual Data Form Extensions – The module is used to assign Medicaid Service Coordinators for individuals receiving services. Users are able to record LCED dates and attach LCED documents with IDF Extensions.
- Billing Checklist Report – These are generated at the end of individual service/habilitation plan workflow to determine whether all necessary criteria have been met before billing for a service.