I spent the majority of last week between the INARF and WALA Spring Conferences in Indianapolis and the Wisconsin Dells respectively. This was a great opportunity to visit with our many Therap customers and to connect with some new friends!
Here is some information about INARF from their website:
INARF is the principal membership organization in Indiana representing providers of services to people with disabilities. Our members serve over 50,000 Indiana citizens annually and employ over 14,500 full-time employees. For 40 years, INARF has maintained positive work relationships with governmental agencies responsible for human service programs, promoted networking and professional development opportunities for members, and provided leadership and support in the promotion of quality programs for persons with disabilities. INARF is committed to strengthening the system of services and supports for Hoosiers with disabilities.
VISION: We envision a sustainable network of provider agencies delivering high quality services to support the aspirations of all people with disabilities.
MISSION: We work to influence the disabilities services industry by presenting a unified voice and by building the capabilities of member agencies to deliver quality services and supports.
- Individuals with disabilities must have timely access to a full range of services and supports.
- Individuals with disabilities must have a range of options from which to select services and supports.
- The selection of services and service providers by individuals with disabilities must be driven by consumer choice.
And here is an overview of WALA:
Wisconsin Assisted Living Association’s mission is to support providers in enhancing the best quality of life for residents in assisted living in Wisconsin through advocacy, education, communication, and quality initiatives.
Wisconsin Assisted Living Association’s vision is to be the foremost choice for assisted living providers and supportive partners in Wisconsin.
WALA subscribes to a ten-point philosophy of care. We believe that every provider should be:
- Offering cost-effective quality care that is personalized for individual needs
- Fostering independence for each resident
- Treating each resident with dignity and respect
- Promoting the individuality of each resident
- Allowing each resident choice of care and lifestyle
- Protecting each resident’s right to privacy
- Nurturing the spirit of each resident
- Involving family and friends, as appropriate, in care planning and implementation
- Providing a safe, residential environment
- Making the assisted living residence a valuable community asset
Therap appreciates the wonderful relationship we have with both provider associations. The conferences were well attended and I look forward to attending these great events next year!