Since 2003, we have made it our mission to enhance the lives of individuals supported by home and community-based services organization by providing agencies the tools they need to focus on meaningful outcomes for the people they serve. We have become the national leader of secure, web-based records, documentation, communication, and electronic billing services supporting providers and individuals across all fifty states and internationally. Our team of dedicated employees has decades of experience in IT security and development and includes former state employees, service providers, managers, direct support professionals and administrators who understand both the challenges and rewards of quality service provision. You will be the second member of a growing legal team helping Therap expand our global network and ongoing development, helping to advance our commitment to being the best at what we do.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial and technology agreements and documents including contracts, subscription agreements, EULAs, Business Associate Agreements, NDAs, and privacy policies.
- Reviewing state RFPs and related documents.
- Providing legal guidance and negotiation assistance to sales and other business colleagues on compliance matters relating to HIPAA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, MARS-E, ISO 27001, data privacy, and security.
- Staying current with emerging national and global regulatory and legislative changes affecting the Company’s business and communicating significant changes to management and staff.
- Researching legal issues.
- Managing outside counsel.
- Hiring, overseeing, and building a small internal legal team.
- Interfacing and coordinating with attorneys for Therap’s international affiliates.
- Dealing with miscellaneous legal matters such as subpoenas, legal issues relating to clients and other matters based on business needs.
Specific background should include:
- J.D from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in any U.S. authority; any applicant not admitted to practice law in Connecticut must be eligible to become registered as an authorized in-house counsel in the State of Connecticut.
- Experience in general corporate law with a reputable law firm or as in-house corporate counsel.
- Experience reviewing and drafting commercial and technology-related agreements.
- Experience in SaaS subscription agreements, intellectual property law, privacy/CCPA, FERPA, reviewing government RFPs, and HIPAA a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other attorneys and product teams in a small team environment.
If this sounds like the job for you or if you have previously sent in your resume and now feel that this new position could be the right one for you, please send in your updated resume, and a note, telling us why you would be the perfect addition to the Therap team.
Therap is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
Please print and complete all pages of the PDF application and email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume.