- Go to our website https://www.therapservices.net/
- Click on the Beta Login link inside the 7.0 Beta message box on top of the page.
You can use your regular login name, password and provider code to log into this beta version.
Please note that the database used in the beta version is a snapshot of the production taken on Dec 12, 2006. This is a copy of the database and operates individually, so any changes you make in the beta version will not affect your real data.
Here is an outline of what is new in Version 7.0. To access the new modules, you will have to have your Provider Administrator (PA) add the new roles to your present super role.
We are introducing five new modules in Version 7.0:
- Supported Employment Tracking
- Staff Scheduling
- Attendance Tracking
- ISP Library
This new Therap module is going to help providers track employment records for individuals in sheltered workshops or supported employment programs.
The module will help with job placement, time tracking with bonus input for employee wage determination, and pay period calculation for cost centers.
To start using this module, the PA should mark individuals as employee, create a Wage Category, a Cost Center and a Job. Users with Employment Submit role can assign Job Rates, Track Time and enter Bonus amount. Users with Employment Approve role will initiate pay periods, edit wage records and generate pay period reports.
The Staff Scheduling module will allow providers to effectively manage work hours of employees by setting up weekly schedules.
Providers will be able to define one or more default ‘master’ schedules for each program and then use them as templates to easily set up the actual weekly or bi-weekly schedules for that program as well as for selected staff members.
Users can view their own and also all other members’ schedule using the Therap Calendar.
The Attendance module will be used to record daily attendance of individuals in their corresponding programs in accordance with the billing module.
Attendance Types and optional codes are set by the Provider Administrator. A user with Attendance Submit role can then make the attendance entries for individuals who have specified Attendance as the Method of Data Collection in their Service Authorization.
The Attendance Record page is color coded for easy viewing – approved entries have a green header, in-prep entries are blue and billed entries are orange.
Approved Attendance data can be updated by users with Attendance Update role and the previous version is then archived under the Archived Attendance Data Search link in Archived Data area. These are also available as Update History from each modified entry on the Attendance Record page.
You can see a minimal version of the data with attendance options only or view all details with comments. The Display Printable will generate an attendance record sheet that fits seven days onto one page.
The ISP Library allows you to create service plan templates. A group home manager can develop general plans for frequently used teaching strategies that can be applied to more than one individual, and save them for later use.
When entering a new plan for an individual, staff members can pull out plans from this library and personalize it based on the specific needs of a particular individual.
Users are able to save ISP templates as a ‘draft’ to be completed later or ‘publish it’ when complete. Draft templates can be deleted and published ones can also be discontinued.
You can now attach sticky notes on certain Therap forms and reports. These T- notes can be created and removed easily from various forms by any user at any time. You may use these to convey small pieces of information or to make notes to yourself or other users working with a particular form.
This feature is currently available with the following modules: IDF, ISP Plus, ISP Library and GER. We will extend it to other modules in the future depending on your feedback.
No additional roles are required to attach or remove a T-Note and anyone who views the corresponding form can also view the T-Notes.
In addition to the new modules listed above, we have also added various features and changes to our existing modules. The major enhancements are listed below:
- The ‘CT Billing Invoice Search‘ in the Billing Data Input box is a new Search page to generate a PDF version of the billing data claim form used by Fiscal Intermediaries for the State of Connecticut. Users can also directly generate the CT PDF from the Claim form itself.
- A new dropdown that allows you to specify which ID type of the individual (Medicaid and Medicare among others) will be sent with the claim.
- Service Description and Code was previously shown as one field. This is now separated into two fields.
- New Payer called ‘Manual Billing‘ has been added, for those who do not use Electronic Billing but want to track the claims using Therap.
- A new section has been added to the Claim form so that the status of claims can be manually tracked.
- Added fields for Procedure Modifiers, Primary Diagnosis Code and Diagnosis Code Pointer to the ‘Service’ pop-up (add/update service) in Service Authorization. The values from these fields are used when generating billing data against the service.
- The ‘End Date: To’ field of Service Authorization Search, Billing Data Input Search and Billing Record Search is by default set to a date 45 days before today.
- A Comment box has been added to Billing Data Input and Professional Claim.
- Zero can now be added as a billable unit in Billing Data Input.
- A ‘Save and Create New’ button has been added in the Billing Data form.
- Archived Claim Search – Any changes to a Claim and its status are now tracked, where the existing version is ‘archived’ and remains available as Update History on the Claim page and also in the Archived Data section on First Page. This is available to users with the Claim Update role.
- Personal Entries– Entries that are only viewable by the users who entered them.
- Repeated Entries – Entries can be created to repeat weekly, monthly or yearly.
- Set the time range for the calendar according to your shift.
- A ‘Disable Therap Calendar‘ check box in the user profile that allows Provider Administrators to restrict particular users from using the program based Therap Calendar.
- Multi-Program View- View any single program or see all program entries.
- View your own or all Staff Scheduling data using the Calendar.
- New wizard like appearance when creating an ISP.
- Count has been added as a Scoring Method. For tasks with counts, the programmatic report will have a total column.
- Users may define their own custom scoring method, and also mark one level of the method as Non-reportable so that entries with that level are not taken into consideration when generating reports. The scoring method may be defined for any particular ISP or at a provider level to be used by other users in the agency.
- ISP data now has a Delete option.
- In Grid Data Entry form, each occurrence of a task appears in a new row instead of adjacent columns. This makes the data entry more intuitive.
- After every five rows in the Grid Data entry page, you will see the Toggle Header link that will add a copy of the heading row of tasks in the viewable screen area. This way you know which task you are entering data for even when you have scrolled beyond the heading.
- When searching for ISP Data, each row of a grid entry appears on a different row and can be updated or deleted.
- You can now generate a report on multiple ISPs of one individual.
- For programmatic reports, the Display Printable has been improved. Also, a column for Total score over the chosen time period has been added to the right of the report.
- ISP Reports can now be saved with a name and searched out later.
- Training Admin Sign up -Training Admin can now sign up training users in available training sessions.
- A ‘Search User’ page has been added for Training Admins when choosing users to assign to a supervisor and also when entering Old Certifications.
- Training Certification link under History allows Training Admin to view/edit the past training records of users. This can also be done using the ‘Show History‘ link in the ‘Certify User(s)’ page.
- Training Instructors are allowed to Include Additional Users in training sessions from the ‘Publish Result for Training Sessions’ page. This is provided so that a user who has not been able to sign up before the session may attend the session.
- Allow Training Admin to edit previous Training Sessions.
- Allow Training Admin to delete Training Sessions.
- Training Class information now has the option of Display Printable.
- The different event specific roles have now been merged so that there is now one GER Submit, GER Review and GER View role. For Approve, we now have GER Approve as well as separate Approve roles for Death and Medication Error. GER Follow-up role works as before.
- Delete roles are introduced for Health Tracking, T-Log and General Event Report modules. Users with Delete roles can now delete approved forms. The deleted forms will be available via Search only to users with the Delete role, and will not be included in any related reports.
- A default Trash folder has been added to SComm. You can move your messages from other folders to Trash and also restore from Trash. No message can ever be permanently deleted.
Send us your feedback
Please try out the 7.0 beta version of the new modules and send us your feedback so that we can improve them for the final 7.0 release. As this is a beta version, you may come across bugs that need fixing, as well as areas you think need improvement. Please send feedback with all your questions, concerns and ideas. We look forward to hearing a lot of your comments and suggestions.
You can use the Feedback links on the footer of every application page or send SComm messages to Therap Customer Support to contact us. You can also email us directly at email@example.com or call us at 203-596-7553.
Therap Services would like to thank you in advance for your support. It is your participation in our application development process that allows us to continually improve the products and services for you.
Training and Support
A number of Animated Walkabouts (interactive training materials) have been developed to help you learn and test your knowledge of the system. You can find these resources on the Training Materials (Beta) page on the Therap website (www.TherapServices.net).
In addition to these, a series of new Quick Guides will soon be available on the Quick Guides (Beta) page on the Therap website to help you work with the new applications. Please have a look at these resources and let us know what you think.
As usual our goal is to provide you with the best possible services. Feel free to contact us to learn more about the additions and enhancements in Therap 7.0. You can email or call us directly.