DRAFT Release Notes
for Version 8.0
We are pleased to bring to you Version 8.0 of the Therap system.
As the most significant update this year, Version 8.0 will include
industry leading technologies and innovative features that will greatly
improve the performance and flexibility of the system.
The release is scheduled for Saturday, October 11, 2008. Please
note that as we update the system, the application will be unavailable
pm EDT on Fri Oct 10, 2008 to about 8:00 am EDT on Sat Oct 11, 2008.
Here is an outline of the major updates in Version 8.0:
- You can now login to Therap applications using your fingerprint
instead of passwords.
- Therap is using BIO-key Internationalâ€™s award winning
fingerprint biometric matching technology for identity and security
management. This feature is easier and more convenient to use, and
unlike passwords which can be lost, forgotten or stolen, it offers
greater accuracy in establishing a personâ€™s identity.
- Provider Administrators (PAs) are able to assign fingerprint
login option to user accounts using the â€˜Fingerprint Enrollmentâ€™
section available on their FirstPage.
- Users can also add fingerprint enrollment option to their own
- Users can now change their passwords using their fingerprints
for verification instead of their old passwords.
- You can add two fingerprints for enrolment into a single
- Documents and files can now be scanned and attached to
different Therap modules.
- Users will find a â€˜Scanâ€™ link wherever there is an attachment
option in the Therap system. This will allow scanning the document and
directly attaching it to the Therap form in â€˜.jpgâ€™ format, without
having to first save the file in your PC.
Administration Records (MAR)- Beta Release
- With the new MAR module, users will be able to track when a
medication has been administered to an individual along with any
- On the MAR, all current medications for the individual appear
on a monthly grid. Users can specify each medicationâ€™s scheduled times.
Medications can then be administered as per schedule and recorded
during each shift.
- Monthly MAR reports can be generated and exported to PDF and
Excel formats. This will include information such as Medication Name,
Serving Time, Administered By, and Comments among others.
- Users can print a blank copy of the monthly MAR grid or a
filled-in grid as needed.
Finance- Beta Release
- Therap has introduced a new Personal Finance module to allow
tracking of financial transactions for an individual. With this module,
users will be able to create accounts for an individual and track
transactions within those accounts.
- Users will be able to enter Deposits to an account, track
Expenses and also specify the type of card used for that transaction.
- For expenses, users will further be able to specify for which
item, quantity, and unit, the transaction was made.
- Files such as Transaction Receipts can be attached to a
- Periodic reports can be generated for all accounts of an
individual. The reports will contain details on the initial balance of
the account, all deposits and expenses made, transaction dates, and
running balances, among others. Reports can also be generated in PDF
and Excel formats.
of Provider Administrator (PA) Functions
- The Provider Administrator (PA) functions have now been broken
down into different categories called â€˜Admin Capabilitiesâ€™.
- The capabilities can be assigned to different users within an
agency. PAs can view lists of staff members and the capabilities that
they have been assigned.
- Regular users with admin capabilities will find a â€˜Switch to
Administration modeâ€™ link on their FirstPage. They can do their
administrative tasks by switching to this mode.
- Tasks performed by staff members in administration mode can be
tracked by PAs using Activity Tracking.
Global Template Library
- Using the ISP Global Template Library feature, ISP Program
Templates can now be shared among different agencies.
- To be able to publish templates in the global library, Provider
Administrators (PAs) need to send a request to Therap Customer Support.
Templates can only be published if Therap has set the privilege for
your agency. Users with the â€˜ISP Library Approveâ€™ role will then be
able to publish ISP Templates from their local library to the global
- To be able to import templates from the global library, PAs
first need to set the â€˜Import from Global ISP Template Libraryâ€™ option
from the Provider Preference section. Users with the â€˜ISP Library
Approveâ€™ role will then be able to import the global ISP Template.
- Before publishing and importing templates staff members need to
accept the terms and conditions of the User Agreement of the ISP Global
- Users can rank each template in the global library.
- Users can associate keywords with each template and also add
- An imported template can be customized and applied to different
individuals based on an individualâ€™s needs.
- ISP Templates in the global library can only be discontinued by
- Users can now generate
ISP Programmatic Reports with Trial
Counts, Percentages or both.
- Users can also choose to leave out the Deviation from Baseline
and Deviation from Previous scores from the Programmatic Reports.
- Once ISP Programs are approved, certain fields such as tasks,
number of times of data collection, and the scoring methods among other
fields can not be changed. You now have the ability to discontinue
approved ISP Programs and copy them to create new ISP Programs with the
same information. You can then make the necessary changes and collect
data for the new ISP Program. These ISP Programs are referred to as
â€˜linkedâ€™ ISP Programs in the system.
- All ISP Programs that are linked to an ISP Program will appear
on top of the form.
- When generating reports users can choose to include linked ISP
Programs as well.
- When discontinuing an ISP Program staff members are required to
enter the reason for discontinuation.
- When ISP Programs are updated, users will now find an â€˜Update
Historyâ€™ link at the top of the ISP Program. Previously all archived
ISP Programs could only be searched from the Archived Data section.
- Reason for deletion has also been made required when deleting
ISP Programs and ISP Program Data.
- ISP Program Data now has a PDF format with a Signature Sheet.
- ISP Plans now have an Acknowledgement Report.
- Each Valued Outcome in the ISP Plan can now be linked with
multiple ISP Programs.
- The look and feel of ISP Plans have been enhanced. A new â€˜Jump
toâ€™ feature has also been added to each section for easy navigation.
- When ISP Plans are updated, deleted or discontinued reasons are
Event Reports (GER) Enhancements
- Therap now complies with Jonathanâ€™s Law in the following way:
- Provider Administrators (PAs) can choose who will be
reported for Reportable (Medium), Serious Reportable (High), or
Abuse/Neglect type of GERs.
- In the individualâ€™s IDF, you can now define if
Guardians/Parents will be notified for Reportable, Serious Reportable,
or Abuse/Neglect GERs.
- Names of staff members can be removed from the OMR 147 New
York State form if Reportable/Serious Reportable incident is reported.
- Provider Administrators (PAs) can choose who will be
- Agencies in Washington can now generate data for the Washington
State Form Assessment section from GER. This includes information on
Initial Assessment, Injury Severity, Final Assessment, and Comments.
- You can now use the â€˜Nextâ€™ and â€˜Previousâ€™ links available at
the bottom of GERs to move from one GER to the next from a list.
- After making changes to a GER, you can now send the GER via
SComm directly from the success message page. Previously you had to
reopen the GER to send it via SComm.
- A new field â€˜Describe what happened before the eventâ€™ has been
added to GERs.
- You can now search by Witness Name on the Witness Report Search
Communications (SComm) Enhancements
- Forms and reports that are independent of a program can now be
sent via SComm. This includes Health Care Reports, Clinician Reports,
Programmatic Reports, Immunizations and IPOPs. The Individual Data Form
(IDF) has also been added to this category.
- A direct link to Custom Folders now appears in the Secure
Communications area on the FirstPage. This will show a total count of
unread SComms for the different folders. The counts can also be viewed
separately for each folder.
- Billing Data can now be generated from ISP Program Data.
Billable units for a day are automatically calculated based on the
duration of service given for the ISP Program. Authorized users will be
able to generate Billing Data from available ISP Program Data.
- A new â€˜Expired Statusâ€™ column has been added on the â€˜Service
Authorization Searchâ€™ page to show which service authorizations are
currently active and which have expired.
- Users will now be able to track Comments on a Service
- A new Service Authorization can now be created by copying the
information from a Discontinued Service Authorization.
- Two new search fields have been added on the Service
Authorization Search page: ISP Program Name and ISP Program Form ID.
- After creating a claim, users will now get the option to create
a new claim from the success message page.
- The system now supports the HCFA-1500 claim form.
- â€˜Claim Frequency Type Codeâ€™ has now been added in Claim Search
and Search Claims to Send pages.
- A confirmation message has now been added before discontinuing
or deleting Service Authorization and deleting Billing Provider.
- You can now remove unpaid service lines from partially paid
claims. Partially paid claims can now be edited and sent for Void or
- T-Logs can now be searched by the â€˜Summaryâ€™ of the T-Log entry.
- The T-Log List page now has a new look and feel. Columns and
contents have been rearranged for better readability.
- Users who need to search for T-Logs within the last 90 days can
use the â€˜fast searchâ€™ option. This feature includes an enhanced search
mechanism that quickly returns the search results.
- IPOPs now have Acknowledge and Worklist links on FirstPage.
Users can also view Acknowledgement Reports on a specific IPOP as
- All Health Tracking forms now show â€˜Approved Byâ€™ and â€˜Last
Updated Byâ€™ information at the top of the form.
- In Immunization records two new fields have been added:
â€˜Methodâ€™ for vaccination and â€˜Vaccinatorâ€™. The Vaccine list has also
been updated with a more extensive list of vaccines.
- The Seizures form now includes an option for users to enter
â€˜Staff Actionâ€™. New descriptions have also been added to
- When generating a Health Care Report users can now select all
Health Tracking modules.
- Context sensitive help has been added to General Event Reports
(GERs). You will find help icons on the top right corner of every
section on GERs. You can click on these icons to find answers to your
- You will also find new Quick Guides on Jonathanâ€™s Law,
Fingerprint Login, Assigning Admin Capabilities, and ISP Global
- 3D Training Game â€œDSP on Planet Ehtparâ€ version 0.2.0 has
recently been released. In this exciting game you will find:
- Additional levels on T-Logs, Notification, and Health
- Additional exciting mini-games based on Speed Boat Ride and
- Innovative approach to training that teaches better
documentation and communication within agencies.
- Effective technical improvements with updated graphics and
- Additional levels on T-Logs, Notification, and Health