Miss one of The Arc’s popular webinars about health and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD)? No problem. The Arc is making the best online learning sessions from theHealthMeet webinar library available again for a nominal charge. For only $10 per session, you can explore presentations on a variety of topics related to improving the health and healthcare of people with I/DD at your convenience through these archived recordings.
Hear from top professionals in the field of health and I/DD such as James Rimmer, Ph.D, Director of the Lakeshore Foundation/University of Alabama at Birmingham Research Collaborative who has over 25 years of experience developing and directing health promotion programs for people with disabilities, and Joan Guthrie Medlen, MED, RDN, who is known world-wide for her book, the Down Syndrome Nutrition Handbook and Cooking by Color: Recipes for Independence. And, go in-depth on such topics such as:
- Dementia in Adults with I/DD
- Barriers to Physical Activity for Individuals with I/DD
- Interventions to Promote Cervical and Breast Cancer Screening for Women with I/DD
- Planning for Success in Healthy Eating
- Women’s Health Issues over a Lifespan
- Fragile X Associated Disorders
- Weight Loss for Individuals with Disabilities
- Preventing, Understanding and Living with Diabetes
- Putting Nutrition on Your Radar
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: What You Need to Know
- Wellness for Every Body: Training for Staff Who Support Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- And, The President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities Report to the President on HealthCare for People with I/DD
- Oral Health, Disease and Prevention
- Creating Resiliency in Families Living with FASD: Moving from Grief to Empowerment
Check out the full list of available webinars. In addition to these premium sessions, many other valuable sessions are still available for free.
HealthMeet® is a project of The Arc and is supported by Grant/Cooperative Agreement Number 5U59DD000993-02 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for a grant award of $938,745. Find out more at www.thearc.org/healthmeet.