As we all get excited about the upcoming World Cup in South Africa, Scotland (who failed to qualify yet again) are starting the rebuilding process.
Tonight was new manager (and former Hearts player and manager) Craig Levein’s first game in charge and it went very well as we beat the Czech Republic 1-0 at Hampden.
What was quite remarkable was the number of players on the pitch from Hearts cup winning team of 2006:
- Craig Gordon (now with Sunderland)
- Lee Wallace (still with Hearts)
- Andy Webster (now with Dundee United)
- Paul Hartley (now with Bristol City, but check out this photo of him on Wikipedia!)
- Christophe Berra (now with Wolverhampton Wanderers)
And for the Czech Republic
- Rudy Skacel (now with Larissa in Greece)
Just goes to prove what a special team that was.
:: Justin ::