Florida Medicaid Health Care Alert
Provider Type(s): 05, 67, and 76
Home and Community-Based Services Settings Rule Training Sessions
The Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) will conduct regular training session for individuals, providers and interested stakeholders on the federal Home and Community-Based Settings Rule.
The Agency has scheduled a session for:
Tuesday, July 15, 2:00 pm ET
To join the training session
1. Call-in toll-free number: 1-888-670-3525 (US) then enter attendee access code: 250 928 7551 #
2. Click on this link: Home and Community Based Settings Rule and Transition Planning.
3. Enter your name and email address.
4. Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
5. Click “Join Now”.
6. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
For further information, please visithttp://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/hcbs_waivers/index.shtml or contact Sophia Whaley at
HCBS Settings Rule
In March 2014 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule for home and community based programs. The rule requires the Agency to provide an opportunity for the public to comment on substantive changes to home and community based service waiver programs and to ensure persons who receive Medicaid home and community based services do so in and environment, and from providers who:
- Involve them in the care planning process;
- Help them to be active in the community;
- Provide a home-like environment if a person lives in a group home, assisted living facility or adult family care home; and
- Enable them to make personal choices.
We have developed a preliminary transition plan detailing the steps to be taken to implement the new rule. The preliminary transition plan contains the following information:
- An overview of the federal rule;
- Planned transition activities;
- A timeline for when the comprehensive transition plan will be developed;
- Impending waiver amendments and renewals; and
- Details on the public comment process.
The final comprehensive transition plan will be available for public comment in the fall of 2014.
The preliminary transition plan is available for public comment from June 25th 2014 until July 25th 2014. Comments within this time period may be sent to:
Agency for Health Care Administration
Attention: HCBS Waivers
2727 Mahan Drive, MS#20
Tallahassee, FL, 32308