“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” ~ Sven Goran Eriksson
Fear of failure as always present when training a group of individuals, but showing that you are confident in what you teach you will be able to defeat that fear and be successful. Confidence is a key factor when training a group. A person’s body language shows more confidence rather than his/her words. When your body language is calm and confident you, as the trainer, will be able to persuade the participants to trust your credibility as well as the credibility of the material. Here are some tips on showing your credibility.
- Always be honest.
- Make the presentation free from bias as much as possible
- Raise questions about the information yourself.
- Support the information with personal facts and experiences
- Cite establishments that are accepted
- Always invite questions from the participants.