Okay, for those that know me I LOVE the Therap MAR. I tend to keep all my ducks in one basket, so for QA checks, I didn’t want them completed elsewhere, or someplace additional that my staff would have to search for or forget about, so I added them to the MAR itself, (as that’s what they’re QA’ing anyway). Keeps everything neat and tidy. So here it is everyone, How to complete QA checks using the Therap MAR. :) hope you find it as useful as I do. I also have a Print outable copy, that’s picture friendly as well if anyone feels up to using it, just shoot me an email and I can zip It off into cyber space for you. :)
How to do QA (Quality Assurance) Checks on Therap
First off you will be tracking this medication on the MAR, similar to a PRN medication. To Do this you will see similar steps in the process.
- Click “Add New Medication”
- This will now take you to the Medication history page. Here is where you begin to create the QA check.
- Under Medication Name:
- This is where you enter QA and the time that you want the check done. For example: “ QA CHECK 8AM” This should be done at each shift change. Normally, just putting QA check is best, you’ll see later, that you can see the time that the QA was done, showing you for each shift change that It was completed.
- For all the medication information. Fill in the medication type for “PRN MEDICATION” and schedule for “As Needed”. Leaving it blank will cause the QA section to not work properly.
- In the comments section, add the purpose for the QA and include all the items you want staff to QA. For Example: QA check of all MARS, Bubble packs, Intake/Elimination Data, BSL Entries, etc.
- This helps to ensure that staff are acknowledging that they checked to ensure that all the listed items are accurate.
- Now when you open the MAR you will see that it is listed in the PRN section.
- In order to record the QA, you need to open up the Medication up to Record Data in Detailed Mode.
- For the very first entry you should scroll down to “administered”. This will allow for follow ups to be completed. This should be completed by your staff only on the 1st day of the new month.
- You will now see that the medication has been administered. This is the VERY First and only entry that should be entered like this. You can now click “view” to see the comments.
- By viewing the comments, you’re able to see the time and date stamp and the staff responsible for completing the check. This ensures that they are completed accurately and on time at the beginning/end of each shift or per your QA system and does not allow staff to alter the QA check.
Happy QA’ing Everyone. :) – Racheal.