Here’s Who We Are
Therap Services is a web-based service organization that provides an integrated solution for documentation, reporting and communication needs of agencies providing support to people with developmental disabilities. In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
Here’s How We Obtain Personal Information
An individual’s information comes to us from our clients, who are the agencies who work directly with individuals they support. In this relationship, our client is the data controller for all personal information we receive. Sometimes our clients will give an individual direct access to our site, but this is still under the direction of our client and our client is still considered the data controller for that information.
The Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, do searches, read pages, enter or download information, we will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information will identify you personally, but no information about users/visitors will be sold, shared, or utilized in any commercial way. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example “company.com”) if you use a private Internet access account, and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the searches and/or entries you make;
- the pages you visit; and
- if you linked to this site from another website; the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to Users – to learn about the number of visitors to our site, how long they use the site, and the types of technology our Users use. WE DO TRACK AND RECORD INFORMATION ABOUT THE IDENTITY OF USERS AND THEIR VISITS BUT DO NOT DISCLOSE SAME EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE USER AGREEMENT OR BELOW.
Clients who visit our site, have the option of giving us contact information and other personally identifiable information, such as name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you send us e-mail, or send a message via our “Feedback”, your identity and the contents of your message are covered by the Privacy Act. Be assured that:
- The information will not be shared with anyone not on the staff of Therap Services.
- Your e-mail address will not be used for any electronic mailing lists – Government or private.
- We do not use the information you provide to create an individual profile. We do not share the information you provide with any third party organizations or individuals.
- The e-mail material, including your e-mail address and/or name, will in no way be correlated or linked to the material that is automatically collected as described above, except pursuant to a bona fide court order.
- We do not collect information for commercial marketing.
We will only use your information to
- Consider your suggestions.
- Possibly respond directly to you for clarification.
- Attempt to answer any questions you ask.
- To create summaries of reports and other relevant data for the governmental agencies responsible for the care of Care Recipients, as defined in the User Agreement, but such summaries shall be made anonymous.
Sometimes we write a small file on the user’s computer called a “session cookie.”
Session cookies automatically expire when users leave a website. Session cookies retain information only during the session or for the purpose of completing a particular online transaction, without any capacity to track users over time or across different websites. Other than a session cookie, and the six items described above, we do not obtain any information from the user or the user’s computer. We do not use “persistent cookies.”
Please note that Therap Services, LLC is obliged to disclose personal information in response to lawful request by public authorities including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has jurisdiction with enforcement over Therap Services, LLC.
Links to Other Sites